RE: squid.1.NOVM.20+retry memory usage report bug

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:36:14 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Elfredy V. Cadapan wrote:

> I've seen this on my cache too (my MRTG page relies on the Total Accounted
> For line in cachemgr output, so it was suddenly displaying a 70Mb usage
> for a machine that had only 40 Mb physical RAM...)
>
> Is this fixed in your retry-1.NOVM.20-ifdef.patch? I got the one from
> ftp://ftp.comshare.com/pub/squid/, dated Feb 25.

The patch isn't related to this problem, as it doesn't touch the things
that the cachemgr accounting is showing. I think someone indicated that
the problem relates to 8k pages being allocated by the accounting function
and being de-allocated with a free() instead of the free function that
decrements the counters. I'm not sure offhand where the fix took place,
but you might want to check the patch lists on the web page and see if
Duane et al have put something there for it. I didn't apply it since my
server is not having the problem at all.

        -Mike Pelletier.