Re: storeGetSwapSpace

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 14:32:44 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Yee Man Chan wrote:

> he told me to learn Squid by changing its removal policy code to something
> other than its original LRU(?) with expiration and then simulate them to
> replicate the results other people had reached.

Boy, I usually cannot replicate other people results even in a simulation
environment, and your advisor expects a real proxy to give the same results
as somebody's log-driven simulator?! Besides different log files, there are
far too many implementation specific things that are never described in the
papers in full detail but affect simulation results.. Good luck!

> $0.02, (two cents? what does this mean?)

That is how much my opinion may be worth. I do have experience in the area
you are entering, but I do not want to put you off track. Your advisor will
do it better than me :)).

Have fun,

Alex.