Re: connect: no route to host...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 23:03:29 +0100

This sounds like you are behind a firewall (or forgot to add a default
route in your hosts routing table).

If you are inside a firewall, then use inside_firewall in squid.conf, to
force requests to go by a parent.

If you are not inside a firewall, then make sure that your routing table
is correct (check with netstat -rn).

The "No route to host" errors is your host (Linux Squid server) telling
Squid that it can't reach the destination. You can verify this by doing
a "telnet 204.162.96.10 80" from your Squid server.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker