Re: FQDN cache taking over for IPcache?

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 00:15:30 -0500 (EST)

I am aware of that, but I used to see it using the IPcache. I have other
caches that do use the IPcache, although they all have source_ping on,
which I suspect results in them doing lots of name lookups. The system
seems to work OK for the client, but I'm curious why it used to (back with
1.1.18) have lots and lots of IPcache entries and now with 1.1.20 it has
only names from the local net. Was it maybe just a bug that the older
version caches name lookups even though all objects were fetched from a
parent (this particular cache doesn't have source_ping on, and always uses
its parent cache except for stuff on its own subnet).

        -Bill