Re: Having Problems with 1.2 Beta 15

From: Carlos Santillana <carlos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:04:06 -0600

So what do i do ... ??? Any sugestions ???? Install another Squid ???

Dancer wrote:

> Bill Wichers wrote:
> >
> > Thanks much. I was thinking for a bit that the kernel crew maybe changed
> > something at that it was a "bug by design" type of thing. I'm glad to hear
> > that the bugs you speak of true bugs in need of fixing.
>
> Definitely bugs.
>
> > I'll probably hold off on the 2.1.xx kernels until the 2.2.x is available.
>
> You are indeed a wise man, who obviously does not seriously need the
> multiprocessor support :/
> If not for that, I wouldn't be running the beta-kernels, either.
>
> > The only thing I'm really interested in is the ability of the 2.1.xx
> > kernels to report the correct number of sent/recieved bytes so that SNMP
> > (and thus MRTG :-) can see the true traffic travelling through a given
> > port. You wouldn't happen to know of a patch for the 2.0.xx kernels to do
> > this would you?
>
> I fear not. But there are lots of things that I'm not aware of. Myself,
> at least half the time, I'm sure.

               .
              .:.                 \ ---------------------------------- /
             .:::.               -   Carlos Santillana                  -
            .:::::.               |                                    |
        ***.:::::::.***           |  Chief Engineer                    |
   *******.:::::::::.*******      |  System Administrator              |
*******.::::::'***`::::.*******   |  carlos@los-fresnos-cons.k12.tx.us |
  .