simulating client network delay

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 23:34:06 +0000

A while back we had some discussion about how to simulate 'slow' modem
users and similar, when trying to benchmark and test web caches.

Well, I just found a reference to one group's work on addressing this
- <URL:http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/research.html>, specifically
'DummyNet' (there's a link to a paper, and to some diffs against
FreeBSD's networking code).

(it would not surprise me if Luigi is on this list, as I've just
noticed some of the other work he's involved in)

James.