Re: squid (1.2) mangles ftp://foo/textfile into a download form

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:51:16 +1000

Run ftpget without parameters. You can set the default returned
mime-type to whatever you want.

Alas, though, is the mime-type is a viewable type (like text/plain) then
shift-click (or save-to-disk) will _not_ always work correctly.
Sometimes a binary file will get mangled, if I remember rightly.

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will