Re: Transferred file size limit

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:28:54 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> In Squid 1.1, request_size limits the size of a _request_, not the size of a
> _reply_. There are exceptions to this rule (e.g. requests handled via pass.c
> have no size limit in recent Squid 1.1 versions). A reply size is unlimited.
[snip]

> Thus, with Squid 1.*, one can download a 100MB file using a 1K GET request,
> and there is no option to prevent that.

Oh. I know I was having a problem with someone's great big (I don't
remember exactly how big, but it was some 40+ MB) download now working,
and after changing the request_size parameter it worked. Of course I might
have upgraded Squid around that same time (this was last June or something
like that) which might have fixed some bug.

> Alex.
> (after double checking with Duane:)

Always best to check with the master :-) The squid list could be known as
the "Cult of Duane" I guess, but then we'd have problems from the
religious propaganda blocking from that other thread ;-)

Sorry for any confusion. As Dancer has been saying in past posts, I must
need more coffee :-)

        -Bill