Re: Squid on SCO - how to install?

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:34:20 -0500 (EST)

The Squid archive is distributed as a file by the name of
squid-1.[1|2].<revision>-src.tar.gz
                                 ^^ this is probably what's giving you
trouble. gz = gzip, which is the GNU compression/decompression utility.
You'll probably want to download and compile gzip since it's used for all
kinds of things. I certainly hope they don't distribute gzip as a .gz file
:-)

Once you have gzip up and running, just type `gzip -d <squid src
filename>`, then the usual untar and you should be ready to start
compiling accorcing to the Squid documentation.

        -Bill