Re: Squid on SCO - how to install?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:30:06 +1000

Mike wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I have a SCO Open Server v5.0.4 machine onto which I want to install
> Squid.
>
> I have never compiled a program for Unix before and am having a
> difficult time.
>
> So far, I've discovered that the file I downloaded for Squid,
> squid-1_1_20-src_tar is in some sort of format that tar can't
> decompress.

Assuming you haven't downloaded it in ASCII instead of binary, judging
by the look of the name the filename has been mangled like many windows
downloads do. Some browser have trouble with *.gz or *.?gz extensions.

Try:

gunzip -c squid-1_1_20-src_tar | tar xvpf -

(on the assumption that the file is actually still gzipped, and that the
file extension has merely been mangled/lost by the download process)

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will