Re: Re : Cisco WCCP and Squid

From: Matthew Petach <mattp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:32:05 -0800 (PST)

Recently, =?Big5?B?s6+l+sSjKLjqsFSodLLOvdIp?= talked about "Re : Cisco WCCP and Squid", and said

> HI, Matthew:
>
> Is ipfwadm necessary for squid box if I have an Alteon ACEswitch to do
> transparent proxy.

In the current version of the firmware, you still need ipfwadm or ipfilter;
in the rev of firmware coming out in June, it will rewrite the packet
headers to eliminate that need.

> If ipfwadm is not necessary . What will be cached in squid when using
> ACEswitch? pure IP address or FQDN?

FQDN will be cached.

> Thanks .
> Robin@acer.net

You're welcome!

Matt

--
InterNex/Concentric Network     |           Matthew Petach {MP59}
Senior Network Architect        |           mpetach@internex.net