Re: deleting log files

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:59:38 -0500 (EST)

You need to rotate your logs. Set the logfile_rotate parameter in your
squid.conf to the number of old copies you want to keep. Squid will
automatically delete the logs that are older than logfile_rotate value *
rotation interval this way.

Set cron to `kill -USR1 squid <pid>` at the time that you want the logs to
rotate. I have my systems rotate logs at 23:59 each day (and earlier for
some remote sites) to accomodate the automated log processing scripts I
run on a stats server.

        -Bill