Re: Squid Keeps Dying

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:59:40 -0700

Bill Petersen writes:

>VERY FREQUENTLY we see the message (in cache.log)
>
>98/03/26 11:25:19| proxyAuthenticate: reloading changed proxy authentication p
as

>sword file /usr/local/squid/etc/userdb
>FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

Can't help you with that. Especially not without a stack trace.

>We also see a few:
>
>FATAL: comm_remove_close_handler: Handler not found!

This has been fixed in 1.1.21.

>I had been watching the mailing list daily, but gave up about a month
>ago when other things took priority. Now I really need to get this fixed.
>
>We are running 1.1.18 on Solaris 2.5.1.
>We have had even more problems with 1.1.20.
>Is 1.2 ready for prime-time yet? I asked a few months ago and was told no.
>It has got to be getting close.

1.2 still has some quirks, but we're running it on the NLANR caches now.
If you decide to use it, you should still be prepared to lose your
entire cache contents -- it's happened more than once to us already.

Duane W.