No default proxy is used if no firewall is defined

From: Federico Giannici <giannici@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:36:00 +0200

I cannot make Squid use a default proxy if I don't define an
inside_firewall.

I have disabled all other options but the following:

cache_host proxy.to.use parent 8080 3130 no-query default

According to the documentation, all requests should be forwarded to the
proxy.to.use, instead all request are directly sent to the destination
server ( DIRECT/etc...).

The requests are sent to the proxy (DEFAULT_PARENT/etc...) only if I set
an inside_firewall like the following:

inside_firewall mydomain.it

Any suggestion?

    __