Multiple disk and free space

From: Adam Neat <adamneat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:21:06 +0000

Hello

We have several proxy servers with 6.4Gb drives in all of them.

We have up until now stuck with the 6.4Gb (I think its a quantum) drive and now
we have been given (from a clients recievership) 10 4.7Gb SCSI drives.

I was wondering whether if I put in a 4.7Gb scsi drive into one of the proxy
servers with the 6.4Gb ones, it seems that the 4.7Gb fills up and then there is
still 30% of the 6.4 ready to be used -

Am I right in assuming that all drives must be of the same size?

I dont think i've explained this too well.

Try this: it seems that once the proxy has filled around 4.5Gb of space on ALL
the drives (both the 4.7's and the 6.4's), it stops filling up the rest of the
6.4 gb drives - is this the case or me just being paranoid?

Regards

adam

                  IPAX Systems
              Melbourne, Australia