Logging through Web

From: Adalto Silva Correia Filho <adalto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:11:31 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Dear friends,

        I have some administrative scripts (Web based) running on my
network. When someone misses the password of some of them, I used to log
it using REMOTE_HOST or REMOTE_ADDR.

        Well, when I try to access any of them, using a Proxy-configured
browser, I got on these two environment variables pointing to the proxy
server, what , of course, isn't what I'm willing to log.

        Any ideas on how could I get the original IP and Name of the
machine requesting the script will be *very* welcome.

        ( In case of above problem being impossible to resolve, it would
be acceptable to deny (by script code) the requests that originate from a
proxy server. Is there a way of doing it?)

Thanks in advance,

Adalto S. C. Filho