Transparent cacheing.. again I suspect..

From: Phil Allsopp <phil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:27:14 +0000

I am sure this question has been asked a hundred times before but...

If I have a machine with two ethernet cards and have one card set an
unregistered addresse (192.168.1.x) and one card set to be a real IP
address and am able to route packets through the cards from machines using
unregistered addresses to internet using teh registed card, can I ...

Use Squid in transparent mode where all http requests are taken from the
cache (assuming the data is in the cache of course)
I cannot use a router to help with this as the machine in question is just
for a smallish workgroup within our company.

I have been fighting this problem all day and am no closer.

anyone managed this ?

Regards

Phil.