Does redirector change Host: header ?

From: Armistead, Jason <ARMISTEJ@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 21:46:00 -0500

Here's one for the gurus

When I use a redirector (V1.1.11 which I know is *old*), does the response
from the redirector also cause the "Host:" header (if any) to be re-written
also.

Or, can I get the strange occurrence where the Squid goes to
http://www.mydomain.com with a "Host: www.yourdomain.com"

This could be confusing if the redirection was within mydomain.com, and I
was running a virtual server.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions ? Is this perhaps fixed in a later version
which I'm unaware of ? i.e. one that I haven't had the time to download and
review yet.

PS: I just realised this is a good way to "trap" cookies from other domains
if the request is sent to a local server CGI script. What a neat although
positively useless trick !!!

Cheers

Jason