access.log Analysis

From: Nik Oxley <nik.oxley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 15:56:10 +0100

Hi,

I've been running Squid on a RH 5.0 box without problems but now I want
to be able to delve into the access.log file, i.e. with one of the many
Perl scripts available but so far I've had minimal luck!

I not particularly confidant that I've set the scripts I've downloaded
up correctly.

My RH installation is pretty standard as all this box is doing is
proxying and DNS but my experience with Perl at this level is zero.

Can anyone give me the rundown on how to configure any of the Perl
scripts and indeed Perl into self in order to get something out of the
access.log. What I'm really after is what URLs have been access and at
what time etc. in an easy to read format, as oppose to sifting through
the log in it's native format or turning on emulate_httpd_log!

Thanks in advance.

Nik.

--
Nik Oxley - nik.oxley@iholland.co.uk