Re: Trans Proxying FTP

From: Karl Ferguson <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 09:11:46 +0800

At 09:07 AM 3/04/98 -0600, Brian wrote:
>I still don't see where this would make sense for a traditional ISP model,
>where the user flow goes:
>
>users modem-----NAS-------router-----------internet
>
>The only place port 80 is going to be intercepted here is at the router,
>which is what I am doing. Are you talking about putting the *nix box
>between the NAS and the router? Perhaps making the *nix box the default
>route out of your NAS?

Well yes, I was referring to if the user is passing the Unix box. But of
course, you can default route to one of them - how it's done is irrelivent,
as long as it goes past one to be redirected :-)

    This message is Copyright (c) 1998 by Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd		Tel: +61 8 9355 0000
t/a STAR Online Services		Fax: +61 8 9355 0033