Re: Squid & non-IP virtual server.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 19:20:53 +0200

Benarson Behajaina wrote:

> I asked if Squid allows a "Redirection to non-IP virtual host".
> Since I've got no response, I ask again:
> Is there someone who is experienced with the Squid redirection
> and Apache non-IP virtual server ?

Hmm. let me think.. ok I think I understand what you are asking:

Is it possible to use a redirector to redirect requests to a Host: based
virtual server?

No, it is not (currently) possible to redirect to a Host: based server.
The redirector only rewrites the URL internal to Squid, the Host: header
is passed along unchanged. This should be concidered as a Squid
redirection bug.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker