Re: Incorrect content length

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 04:02:23 +1000

I'm still trying to get some definitive data on this. First (and second)
impressions are that the content-length isn't checked against the
document until it decides whether it is going to actually move it from
RAM to disk.

I could be very wrong here. Things have been stressfully busy, and I've
had my mind on many other things...but that's the way it _looked_.

Certainly, the simple test I did with it: Fetch an object. Deliberately
break it with a deft finger on the modem power-switch. Reconnect and
fetch it again. Squid cheerfully returns the partial object. Shut squid
down and start it up again to clear the RAM cache. On the next request,
squid fetches the whole object again.

--
Did you read the documentation AND the FAQ?
If not, I'll probably still answer your question, but my patience will