Re: Incorrect content length

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 20:57:11 +0200

Dancer wrote:

> I'm still trying to get some definitive data on this. First (and second)
> impressions are that the content-length isn't checked against the
> document until it decides whether it is going to actually move it from
> RAM to disk.

Yes, this is true, but this is checked each time Squid done fetching the
object, and if it is wron then the object is discarded.

Hmm.. negative caching comes to my mind here. If the requests fails in
the middle then Squid aborts and negatively caches the partial object +
a error message. Perhaps not a great idea for paritally fetched objects.

Maybe storeNegativeCache in storeAbort() should be changed to
    if (mem->e_current_len == 0) {
        storeNegativeCache(e);
    } else if(storeRelease(e)) {
        return;