Re: RAID Questions

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:38:14 -0400 (EDT)

I too would love to see a truely useful comparison, but one big
question comes to mind: What about the drive that Squid writes it's own
logs (cache.log, access.log, etc.) to? Would this drive hold Squid back if
the cache was on a RAID array? Would Squid just queue all the log writing
requests until the drive could catch up? Or would it just be best to leave
some room on the RAID array to hold Squid's logs?

        -Bill