Re: Intrusion login at netaddress (usa.net) with proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:22:08 +0200

Sherif Diaa El-Din - Email wrote:

> so I need to know where can I find info, docs or help about
> floating ip address or dynamic address for same server

You cant.

This is not a Squid specific problem. It is a bad WWW implementation at
usa.net. They assume that every user has a full internet connection
without any proxies or firewalls.

Only the people writing NET@DDRESS can fix this, by rewriting the
application using cookies instead of IP addresses. (using the IP address
is generally a bad idea in a WWW application)

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker