Re: Squid and Host header

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 00:53:29 +0200

James R Grinter wrote:

> I thought that Squid finally rolled in code to add a Host header
> to the outgoing request if there wasn't already one there: I know
> I wrote such code quite some time ago whilst at a previous employer
> but I thought I remembered it getting replaced with code from a
> later Squid version.

You are right. I did not know of this and assumed that it worked the way
i thought it did ;-).

Hmm.. this could give transproxy users with old browsers some trouble.
It will add a numeric Host: header, which some servers concider
different than no Host: header at all, but it should be seen on very few
servers, and only if using old (no Host: header) browsers. If solves far
more problems than it causes.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker