RE: ADVICE NEEDED: Netscape Proxy Server with Squid Server as a parent

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:29:13 -0400 (EDT)

You're probably thinking of CARP, which is what MS is using. CARP has a
few nifty features, but I think the consensus here a while back was that
in most ways ICP is superior.

Netapp's Netcache (http://www.netcache.com) runs on NT and DOES support
ICP. It's also a pretty nice product from what I can tell from my limited
fiddling/testing with a promotional copy I got last year. I havn't tested
it under any real load, but supposedly it actually can perform BETTER than
squid (although I suspect this claim is for the UNIX versions of Netcache
on not the NT version).

        -Bill