transparent proxy

From: Mirko Schlottke <mirko@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:01:16 +0200 (MEST)

                Hi all!

At the moment we use squid-1.1.21/linux here, our problem is, that we want
to use squid as a transparent proxy. The problem with this it, that we
can't connect to virtual servers without an own ip-address.
Is there any way I can make squid (transparent) connect to virtual
servers ?

I've fetched the latest squid beta today. There's something about this
problem in the changes, but, is the beta release stable enough yet ? And,
is this problem really fixed ?

Thanks for your help.

ciao,
        Mirko