Re: largest deployment?

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:59:51 -0400 (EDT)

Just a quick little question for you guys:

How are you handling the logs? I'm curious if Squid's writing of the
access.log, cache.log, and store.log becomes a bottleneck on large heavily
used caches.

My concern is that on a really fast cache (with a bunch of nice UW SCSI
disks or maybe a RAID) that the logs will limit the cache's performance
becuase the system disk won't be able to keep up with the cache disk
array. I've asked questions like this before but never really got much of
an answer...

        -Bill