Re: "The users are getting dumber..."

From: John D. Hardin <jhardin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:14:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, David J N Begley wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Bill Wichers wrote:
>
> > I know this is really scary, but I've had several users get confused when
> > using the <> brackets. They don't understand that the text AND the
> > brackets are to be replaced with the new string. I suggest not putting the
> > email address in any brackets so that the users don't try sending email to
> > "<help@for.dumb.users>".
>
> Seems fair enough...

Apart from the quotation marks, that *is* a valid email address. If your
mailer can't handle mail addressed to <user@domain.com> then your *mailer*
is broken, not your users...

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ                               jhardin@wolfenet.com
 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5