Re: squid config

From: Michael Fuhr <mfuhr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:41:29 -0600

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 04:38:47PM +0800, Raul Ocampo wrote:
> At 10:26 AM 4/27/98 +0200, you wrote:
> >Raul Ocampo wrote:
> >>

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> a quick one...
> >> can squid be configured so that whenever a client
> >> requests for a URL with lets say "www.intranet" in its
> >> the address it will have to be fetched directly from the source.
> >
> >Have you already read the squid configuration file "squid.conf" ?
> >
> ># TAG: local_domain
> ># This tag specifies a list of domains local to your organization.
> >#
> ># Usage: local_domain my.domain [ my.other.domain ...]
> >#
> ># For URLs which are in one of the local domains, the object
> ># is always fetched directly from the source and never from a
> ># neighbor or parent.
> >
> >> ex. squid will not cache but go directly to the source with these
> addresses
> >>
> >> www.intranet.foo.com
> >> www.intranet.mydomain.com
> >> www.intranet.anotherdomain.com
> >
> >Benarson.
>
> Yes, and i am using it with my local domain.
> What I want is for squid is to look at the "www.intranet" , once it finds
> it on the URL then it should let the client go directly to the source whatever
> the domain might be (ex. foo.com , domain1.com, domain2.com)

You've stated a few different requirements, so perhaps we're not
understanding what you really want. You mentioned that the data
should be "fetched directly from the source," which should be
covered by the local_domain tag. You also mentioned that "squid
will not cache," to which I mentioned cache_stoplist in an earlier
post. Now you're saying that squid "should let the client go directly
to the source." By "directly" do you mean bypassing even the proxy?
If so, that's a client proxy configuration issue not directly related
to squid.

Could you clarify please?

--
Michael Fuhr