upgrading trouble

From: Rick Kunze <rkunze@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:12:59 -0700

I set up squid on a new BSDI box. BSDI came with 1.1beta16. I downloaded
the new version, 2.1 I believe, and went through the motions according to
the FAQ. It seemed to do what it should, regarding installation into the
correct directory, /var/www/squid in the case of BSDI.

It seems to be running just as before, but if I intentionally call up a
bogus URL with my browser, the squid-produced failure message still says it
was generated with 1.1beta16. Is this normal?

TIA

Rk