Re: Mozilla Expires: 'correctness' checks?

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 13:47:05 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 1 May 1998, George Michaelson wrote:

> Wouldn't this tend to make the browser also appear 'zippier' if the image
> decor on a website was self-consistent and re-used?

Indeed it would .. alas, many sites duplicate identical information in
multiple places across their site (wonderful these "automatic site
generators", eh what..). And these people try to tell me that I should
use image WIDTH/HEIGHT tags to improve the performance of pages - HA!

But I dirgress...

Have you done any testing (eg., watch Squid's access.log whilst making
requests) to see if your interpretation of the code has been accurate?

dave