Re: HTTP headers

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 08:00:14 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Vladimir Litovka wrote:

> I'm calling my local web via proxy - and see in access_log TCP_IMS_HIT, but
> don't see any activity in the Apache's access log. So, Squid doesn't pass
> request to web at all. This is strange, as for me.

This is normal:
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-6.html#ss6.5

> Second: I'm using <meta http-equiv="Last-Modified" ...> and
> resulting document in Squid's cache doesn't contain Expires: header at all,
> and Last-Modified set to last access time of document, but not to used
> in <meta ...> directive? I'm afraid, that Apache ignores this directives in
> documents and send default parameters in his reply. Why? I think, this
> second problem is cause of first.

Perhaps you have to enable something in Apache to process META tags. A while
ago, there was a "META-discussion" on this list, and somebody claimed that
Apache does process META tags. Squid does not interpret message bodies and,
thus, is not aware of you META tags.

Alex.