Re: Squid Disinformation

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 11:05:16 -0600

Alfonso Correas writes:

>Could be interesting hear something about this from NLANR... could be
>some Kickboxing rounds with the inktomi managers make some effect, or
>better a comparison Squid versus XXXXXXX vX.XX <-- Put here some dreaded
>cache software name.

It is not the role of NLANR to compete with commercial cache products.
Rather, our purpose is to encourage widespread deployment of Web
caching and develop new techniques and protocols which strengthen and
improve Web caching on the Internet. Vendors probably have slighly
different agendas.

I personally have no interest in trying to debunk anyones marketing
hype. I have better things to do with my time. At least for now I
do.

Duane W.