Parent and siblings

From: Erik Lewis <lewise@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 20:37:00 -0400

Well to the chagrin of many I have finally spent some time reading
squid.conf. Me and a colleague our set up as follows, me as the parent
site and him as a sibbling. When I block sites on my end they are blocked
on his which is what we were looking to do in our latest experiment.

Now here in Georgia we have Galileo which are databases available to schools
and libraries. Statistics are gathered by IP range by the Galileo folks to
show usage by library or school. We want to continue the parent/sibling
relationship so that we can block certain sites but not have the parent
sibling relationship when the sibling is going to the Galileo databases.

In otherwords we want www.yahoo.com to take advantage of the relationship
but www.peachnet.edu not to. How is this done, haven't seen anything in the
squid.conf that mentions this.

Erik Lewis
Northwest Georgia Regional Library System
310 Cappes St
Dalton, GA 30720
706-272-2974 fax: 2977