transparent proxy, squid 1.2 and ftp.

From: Kamiski Nicolas <Nicolas.Kamiski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 13:07:44 +0200

Hi,
My internet connection is through an altavista firewall.
For the http protocol I have to define a parent, for this all is fine.

For the ftp protocol I can pass through the Altavista FTP proxy. In this
case squid can access ftp site.
But I want to access directly to the ftp site. For this I configure the
transparent proxy on my firewall.
On the Unix machine, where squid is hosted, I can now do : ftp
ftp.kernel.org <ftp://ftp.kernel.org> . And it works.

So I configure my squid to access directly to FTP site (acl), and when
it try connection, it fail. ( host unreachable).

I don't understand why.

Somebody have some clues?

Nicolas Kamiski