Re: peering

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 16:00:50 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Antony wrote:

> Which to me looks like they are able to pull through our cache (thus costing
> us money). Am I right or wrong on this point?

Technically, you are right. This is what I raised back in February:

  http://squid.nlanr.net/Mail-Archive/squid-users/9802/archive/0716.html

Comments from Henrik, Dancer and others reduced my concerns at the time,
though the issue still sits in the back of my mind (to be resolved
"later" - perhaps with Squid/1.2).

It does kinda bug you when around 30% of queries from a peer are of the
"TCP_REFRESH_HIT" variety, especially as you see 2-5Mb come in from them
and a few hundred megabytes go out. :-/

Cheers..

dave