Parent and Squid...

From: Alejandro Navarro <anavarro_squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 16:49:07 -0300

Hi, my first message.
I 'm using squid as a proxy server over a dual pentium pro with 512mb RAM
and 2 HD SCSI with 4gb of capacity. (SERVER A)
Squid version is 1.1.21. I have defined a parent relationship with another
linux box running squid 1.1.21 too (SERVER B).
All of my users (45 people) are aiming their client applications to SERVER
A, so when squid on SERVER A receive a request, it forwards it to SERVER B,
so SERVER B makes the tcp connection and brings the information requested by
SERVER A. (as long as SERVER B doesn't have the information already).
My question is:
Is there any way to make SERVER A the tcpconnection and when he is overload
send some request to SERVER B ?? I mean,...like having to squid servers
working in parallel mode?

Thanks in advance...

Alejandro Navarro