Re: Squid as Web SERVER (for .pac files)?

From: Michael Ferioli <ferioli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 16:00:16 +0300

At 10:54 PM 5/7/98 +1000, Dancer wrote:
>If you are giving them a proxy config via a PAC file, there's no reason
>to put squid on that port. Put it in another. Put it on another machine.
>Put it anywhere. The PAC file tells them where to go.
>
>You don't really need to run a whole web-server to deliver it. I use a
>shell-script through inetd.

True.... but I have to assume that at least some of my users are using
IE or some other browser that does not support autoconfig. I can't
leave them out in the dust or the phone will start ringing. No, I
need a solution that will exactly mimic the behavior of Netscape
Proxy.

I'm actually quite surprised that I am the first one to ask for this.

Mike

Michael Ferioli ferioli@comnet.net.tr
Comnet A.S. http://www.comnet.net.tr