Re: Squid as Web SERVER (for .pac files)?

From: Michael Ferioli <ferioli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 16:48:14 +0300

At 10:50 PM 5/7/98 +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
>On Thu, 7 May 1998, Michael Ferioli wrote:
>
>> Ok, having taken a quick perusal of the code, it looks like I might be
>> able to add an "action". Or, in the cachemgrParseUrl() function, I
>> might be able to just hack something. But I'd prefer not to. Anyone
>> give me any pointers?
>
>Why not just use a redirector?

Ok, I just wrote a redirector. But then I realized that a redirector
will not work! Specifically, the browser is passing the following
to squid:

GET /proxy.pac HTTP 1.0

I am not sure what the "proxy" syntax is, but that ain't it. So it
always just fails. I have tried to add a "get" action, but it's
not working either.

Any other ideas?

Mike

Michael Ferioli ferioli@comnet.net.tr