Which Squid for Solaris 2.6

From: Clive Barrows <c.a.barrows@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 17:29:20 +0100

I have 'listened' to this list for a while (6 months) with a mixture
of interest and trepidation. During this time I have been running
Squid version 1.1.18 under Solaris 2.6 for evaluation. This was
crudely configured and there has been minimal development
(i.e. none) due to lack of time.

Unfortunately (for me), I now have a brand new machine which is
expected to provide a proper caching proxy service. The machine
specifications is as follows:

Sun Ultra 5
192 MB RAM
4.3 GB Internal EIDE disk (4500 rpm)
PCI UltraSCSI Host adapter with dual port
2 x 2.1 GB SCSI disks (7200 rpm)

My intention is to use the internal disk for the Solaris 2.6 operating
system and Squid logs. The cache will be configured using the two
external SCSI disks.

My main question is which version of Squid should I install to provide
a trouble free service ?

Our web server is on a separate machine, running the CERN web server
software under Solaris 2.6. The intention is to upgrade to Apache.

All comments, suggestions, hints, tips or advice will be appreciated and
gratefully received. I also promise to read the FAQ :-)

Regards,

Clive