How to catch all web requests and other

From: Bob Stevenson <bstev40@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 09:43:13 PDT

Hello,

We are trying to setup squid in order to catch all web requests
sent by our users on our site and we have two questions that all
you marvellous people might be able to answer :-)

a) The machine that is running squid is a Sun Ultra Enterprise 2
with 256MB of memory but it seems inadequate to serve the web requests
of our almost two hundred users that have access to it. The number
of tcp connections is continuously growing and finally, all requests are
processed very slowly.
This is our squid.conf (a part of it):
        cache_mem 64
        cache_swap 1000
        dns_children 32
        httpd_accel virtual 80
        httpd_accel_with_proxy on
        httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
(yes, it is catching proxy requests as well)
Is there anything wrong with our configuration or we need a better
machine than the one we use?

b) squid.conf says that enabling httpd_accel_uses_host_header,
"opens a big security hole". What are these security implications
and how can they be avoided?

Thanks in advance
Bob