Re: a legal issue...

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:34:05 -0400 (EDT)

I think this is pretty much OK. My company sells Squid-based cache
machines (they do some other nice stuff too, email/firewalling/web
management/etc.) that are running Linux, Squid, Samba and some other
things. We do NOT sell the software (you have to buy the whole machine).
What we sell is a value-added service, since we are building the hardware
(motherboard/box/etc., assembling the pieces) and installing and
configuring the software. To comply with the GNU license we provide most
of the sources on the machine's hard drive, with the more extensive
sources available from a site we list in the machine's documentation.

        -Bill