Re: Transparent Proxy

From: Markus Sabadello <markus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:03:29 +0000

Hi!

I got some nice replies to my question about transparent proxying...
thank you very much. Everything is working fine now, but I've got
another question: After a normal HTTP connection has been redirected
to the proxy, how does squid actually know the destination host of
the connection? Does squid rely on a 'Host:' header to be sent by the
browser, or is there any system call that can be used to obtain the
destination host?

Markus
      __
     / /\ name: Markus Sabadello [ administrator @ ]