DNS-lookups by squid

From: Markus Schreier <ms@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 08:48:24 +0000

Hello evryone,
I belive this is some newbee question. I hope some of you is able to
give me a hint and apologize for disturbing. Our Squid 1.0.20 is
working fine mostly.

Still it won't attach my local domain name to a given unquallified
host name. We would like to reach our own intranet sites simply by
typing intranet.

IŠve set up a nameserver with /etc/named.boot file and also included
the domain name to the domain and search directive in
/etc/resolv.conf. With nslokup everything works fine. Also my client
computers are able to resolve hosts without qaulified domain suffix.
Even the idea to put the domain and suffixes directive to the
named.boot file didn't work for squid.

Is ther some different place where I need to configure the dns for
squid? Is it possible to have two diffrent dns configurations for
squid and for normal bind dns?

Thank you for any hints

Markus Schreier
ORDIX AG