Re: filedescriptor leak on 1.2b20

From: Michael O'Reilly <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 May 1998 10:33:12 +0800

Apiset Tananchai <aet@demo.ksc.co.th> writes:
> My problem is that squid start using a large number of file descriptors
> when user trying to goto ip addresses that have no route to. Here's some
> part of file descriptor report from cache_object://.../filedescriptors
> 203.155.33.12 is our proxy server and 203.155.32.150 is the host that has
> to route to it.
>
> 40 Socket 1 0 15620 203.155.32.150.80 http://203.155.32.150/
> 42 Socket 1438 2318 0 203.155.33.12.25992 http://203.155.32.150/
> 45 Socket 1436 5432 0 203.155.33.12.12107 http://203.155.32.150/
> 46 Socket 0 0 10536 203.155.32.150.80 http://203.155.32.150/
> 59 Socket 4 0 11004 203.155.32.150.80 http://203.155.32.150/
> 60 Socket 1 0 8454 203.155.32.150.80 http://203.155.32.150/
> 87 Socket 1 0 13274 203.155.32.150.80 http://203.155.32.150/
> 88 Socket 1437 6003 0 203.155.33.12.11361 http://203.155.32.150/
> 89 Socket 1436 4564 0 203.155.33.12.6333 http://203.155.32.150/
> 247 Socket 1439 3186 0 203.155.33.12.21737 http://203.155.32.150/

I saw the same thing some time ago. I can't remember the exact details
but it's something to do with have transparent proxy on (i.e. so squid
acceleration is on), and have a url that is the squid access
port. (i.e. http://squid.ip.address:80/blah). Squid promptly connects
to itself, issues the same URL, connects to itself, issues the same
URL .... etc etc.

Michael.