Re: filedescriptor leak on 1.2b20

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:31:48 +0200

Michael O'Reilly wrote:

> I saw the same thing some time ago. I can't remember the exact details
> but it's something to do with have transparent proxy on (i.e. so squid
> acceleration is on), and have a url that is the squid access
> port. (i.e. http://squid.ip.address:80/blah). Squid promptly connects
> to itself, issues the same URL, connects to itself, issues the same
> URL .... etc etc.

If this is the case, then it can easily be seen in the access log. There
should be a number of accesses from the squid server.

On which port are Squid running?
What ipfwadm rules are you using?

Recommended setup:
Squid running on port 3128
ipfwadm ruleset:
# Don't redirect our own traffic
ipfwadm -I -a accept -W lo
ipfwadm -I -a accept -S 203.155.32.12
ipfwadm -I -a accept -D 203.155.32.12
[repeated for every IP address the system has]
# Redirect port 80 to Squid
ipfwadm -I -a accept -P tcp -D 0.0.0.0/0 80 -r 3128

---
Henrik Nordström