Re: Parsing of error pages

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:01:03 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:

> Subject #1:
>
> I'v found a problem in the parsing code of error pages, my personalized
> error pages include some html tables with a with percentage parameters, when
> squid is parsing that pages it substitutes that parameters with UNKNOWN

No escape-symbol would work for everybody. Also, it might be an overkill to
force hundreds if not thousands of Squid users to rewrite their custom pages
if we change the escape-symbol.

The only clean solution would be to use HTML tags like
"<squid-escape code=S>" or similar. This would require rewriting of all
existing pages though.

I would suggest that you pipe the output of your favorite HTML editor
through a simple Perl/awk/sed script to replace HTML '%' with '%%' leaving
Squid escapes intact. IMHO, it is better than introducing a yet another
"special case".

Alex.