Re: LocalDirector vs. Round Robin

From: Jaeho Yang <jhyang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 11:34:06 +0900

Anas Nashif wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Cisco's LocalDirector has special configuration possiblity
> to fix a client/cache relationsship for a certain time to not break
> certain applications (like http forms or ftp with several ls/cd).
> How is this handled without LocalDirector but with DNS round robin?

   Hello...

   There are definite differences between LD and DNS-round robin.
   DNS round-robin feature doen't care the heart-beat of real servers..
   The big difference is that LD checks availability of servers really..

   If you want to use DNS round robin, you refer lbnamed (load balancing
   named.) in bind FAQ...

 --J